Pages

23 August, 2013

Welcome to the Digital Maven's Haven!

Welcome back to school and welcome to the first post on the Digital Maven's Haven.  This is a blog devoted to helping teachers adopt the use of technology in their classrooms in relevant and meaningful ways.  My name is Ben Hacking and I am a Digital Learning Integrator at the Vienna International School and my job is to support teachers and students from K-5 as they endeavour to learn in digital environments.

What might you find here at the Digital Maven's Haven?








  • Reflections from on-the-ground experiences integrating technology - the good, the bad, and the ugly, I aim to reflect on it, learn from it, and share it with those that care to read about it.
  • Digital tools and resources - check in regularly for classroom tools and resources to help your kids become better inquirers, thinkers, communicators, collaborators, creators, presenters, self-assessors and digital citizens.
  • Tutorials on digital learning tools
  • Summaries and analyses of education literature related to e-learning, new literacies, leadership and other curriculum areas
  • Shameless boastings about my family, hobbies and more.  They are my "reservoir of hope" (Alan Flintham)

If you have any comments, questions, suggestions etc, please don't hesitate to contact me.  I'm going to keep this initial post short as I'm prepping for the school year, but I look forward to writing and dialoguing with you, the global audience.

Cheers,

Ben Hacking
Digital Learning Integration Teacher 
Vienna International School
Follow Me on Twitter @hackingb

No comments:

Post a Comment